I whipped up this pasta salad (used this recipe as a guide) to bring to a BBQ we are going to later today. I made it the day before so all the flavors had time to meld together into a bowl of deliciousness. But I’m sure you can make it right before you eat too!
Tomato and Mozzarella Pasta Salad
- 16 ounce box of bowtie pasta
- 12 ounces of mozzarella cheese pearls
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- chopped fresh basil, about 10 leaves
Cook the pasta and then rinse with cold water. Strain well.
While the pasta is cooking, chop and prep the tomatoes.
Place all of the ingredients in a large bowl and toss.
Cover and refrigerate (overnight if you can)
I think fresh basil is so pretty ♥️
Enjoy the weekend!