K has a blueberry OBSESSION. So we always have blueberries in the fridge. I was bringing dinner to a friend yesterday so I whipped up a batch of muffins to bring along too.
This recipe had so many reviews on allrecipes.com that I had to give it a try.
“To Die For Blueberry Muffins”
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
- To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.
I didn’t make the crumb topping that the recipe suggested. I just dusted the tops with cinnamon and a pinch of brown sugar before I baked them.
My little kitchen helper got into lots of trouble while I worked…
They are perfect on their own or warmed up in the microwave for 10 seconds with a swipe of butter.
The 9k reviews and 4.5 stars on this recipe did not steer me wrong!