For anyone who can’t quite give up those fall flavors just yet, this is a new pumpkin recipe I recently stumbled upon. These muffins are low in sugar and gluten-free, so those who are cleaning up their diet in the new year *hand held up* this is a good option!
original recipe here. I only added 1/4 cup of maple syrup and added pecans and dried cranberries since that is what I had on hand. Also, I dipped the tops in cinnamon sugar because they needed to be a little sweeter for me. Or a jelly would probably work too.
Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins.
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin (I used canned)
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of ginger
- 2 cups of almond flour
- 1/2 cup of pecans and dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a bowl, mix well. Then add the wet ingredients and stir until blended.
- Bake for 20 minutes if you did in muffin form. If you chose a loaf pan, it will probably take 45 minutes – 1 hour.
These come together quite quickly. They are very moist and super dense, but a good dense if that makes any sense. A good grab and go breakfast that is filling enough to get ya right to lunch!