Oh Sound of Music. Watched NUMEROUS times as a child because it was the only movie we could convince dear old dad to watch with us. Secret… he loves this movie. And still does. And thanks to the 100 views before I was 12 years old, I can probably sing almost all the songs word for word.
Anyways as Julie Andrews had shared her favs, as will I. In a little less of a sing-y song voice.
1. The Body Shop Mineral & Ginger Warming Clay Mask. This mask is super fun as it gets warm and tingles when you apply it. I think I picked this up at Marshalls so I didn’t pay the 9 dollars for it. I feel like my skin feels really clean when I take it off.
2. Glo Vita E Essential Cream. On sale now here! My one real treat yo’ self splurge is getting facials. My skin is glowing when I leave and I can actually see a difference. I think it’s good to get a real deep clean once in a while. This is the skin care line that I was introduced to after my last facial. As I am getting older (*crying*) I can tell my skin is more sensitive to the products I use. This is for overnight, to be applied right after you wash your face. It gives your skin instant hydration, perfect for winter!
3. Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris. I finished this book in 2 DAYS. I haven’t done that since I was like 15 years old and reading Harry Potter books. This book was similar to Gone Girl and Girl on a Train. I couldn’t put this one down!
4. This Christmas garland from Hearth & Hand with Magnolia at Target. Sadly, I can’t find the red berry pine garland on the Target website and the white one that I linked to is sold out! But they have a couple of others online if you want to browse.
5. Salt Fat Acid Heat. by Samin Nosrat. I saw this featured on the Rachel Ray Show and picked it up from Barnes and Noble. I want to learn some good basics of cooking so I can just cook out of my pantry without a recipe more often. I am hoping this book gives me some insight. So far so good… she also has a Netflix show that goes along with this book.
Well that concludes my current favorite things. K’s would include sucking on pickes and holding his rattle and book at all times.
OH and his book is the coolest… it is un-ripable! They are called Indestructibles and are perfect for his current paper obsession. They are also easy to clean and nontoxic. I see Christmas this year being all about the wrapping and nothing about the toys…
Come back tomorrow to hear about a stellar red wine!